5 Inspiring Action Verbs That Can Change Your LifeAug 05, 2021
Words are POWERFUL! If you're having trouble getting inspired or just not feeling motivated, it may be simply your choice of verbs. Here are 5 action verbs that can help get you inspired and out of your rut.
We've all been stuck in that place where things just don't seem to go right. We have trouble getting motivated and our goals seem out of reach or just not something we are capable of. In short, we are uninspired!
Some self improvement experts will tell you that you have to have a “good attitude” in order to improve your life. I would agree with that, but it's not that easy. It's hard to set aggressive goals and get inspired to achieve them when your mindset is trapped in a negative spiral.
If your mind is not ready to embrace new exciting goals, then change will not come easy at all. In fact, if you're not ready for it, then it will be hard to conquer even small challenges. If you can't take on small challenges, then it's going to be impossible to change your life to the degree you'd ultimately like.
To that end, I recommend using action to inspire yourself and create change. Action is always the answer. In effect, we're placing the cart before the horse here, and forcing our attitude to match our actions. If you shake things up by taking action first, you'll get your mind ready to create and pursue more exciting goals.
Below are 5 inspiring action verbs that you can use to shake things up and get yourself mentally ready to take on new challenges. If you use these techniques, even in small ways, you will naturally find yourself on the road to change. Change that leads to you believing in yourself and your ability to have bigger and bolder goals. Bigger and bolder goals lead to accepting greater challenges... and so on, and so on.
- Give - Give to a charity, an individual in need, or simply a friend or relative. You don't have to give something expensive or big. Just a show of appreciation will do, such as a card or a flower. Why does it work... Giving get you out of your own ego and is a very uplifting experience since it frees your mind from scarcity thinking, that there is not enough in the world. Giving teaches you that there is plenty to go around, and it will cause you to be abundance minded to attract more of the good things you want in your life.
- Learn - Learn something new you have always wanted to. Maybe learn a new language or a new dance. Learn about something you know nothing about, or learn to play a song on the piano or guitar. Why does it work? Learning something new develops your nervous system and makes you think in ways you've never thought before. It awakens your brain to new possibilities.
- Change - Change your routine, take a different route to work, change your usual clothing style, your hairstyle, or change what you normally eat. Why does it work? Change begets change. If you want to make a big change, prove to yourself you are capable of making a small change first.
- Participate - Participate in community activities, a sports team, or join a club. Why it works... participation requires social interaction and creativity, both of which will stimulate and inspire. It often will get you outside of your comfort zone and you normal routine of life as well. Sometimes you just need to shake things up.
- Create - Create a piece of art, write a short story, make a bookshelf, or start a website. Why it works... creating stimulates all those dormant forces that allow change to enter your life. Creativity and imagination are muscles that we lose over time if we don’t use them. You’ve the expression “use it or lose it.” Success requires you to be able to be creative and use your critical thinking mind of imagination so make sure you are exercising this muscle regularly so its strong when you need it.
Each time you perform one of these inspiring actions, take several minutes to feel good about it. Celebrate it. You want your attitude to catch up to your actions. Also make sure that you enjoy the process, knowing that what you are doing is good for you and those around you as well.
Sometimes, just the exercise of reviewing these action verbs will be inspiration enough to get you thinking of what you could do to change your life. I hope you enjoy using these inspiring action verbs to change your mental state and improve your life. I'm sure that now you can think of some on your own. Remember, though, nothing happens without taking action!
Are you ready to unlock the life you were meant to live and create a legacy of abundance!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our family now to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.